Personal wellbeing is about people’s positive and negative emotions: satisfaction, vitality, resilience, self esteem and a sense of functioning in the world.
It is not about services and material goods but ‘life satisfaction’ ie
- how we feel about our own lives
- how we feel about those around us and
- how we feel about where we live
Wellbeing does not depend on spending money and consuming more. It is not about what we have or haven’t got, it’s about how contented and happy we are with what we have.
As well as experiencing good feelings, we all need:
- a sense of individual vitality;
- to undertake activities which are meaningful, engaging and which make us feel valued;
- to be able to cope with life’s ‘ups and downs’.
The East Riding of Yorkshire NHS and East Riding of Yorkshire Council are working in partnership to ensure that wellbeing is at the very heart of the planning and delivery of services in the future.
The Wellbeing in the East Riding of Yorkshire Position Statement has been developed to promote wellbeing and happiness in East Yorkshire.
Please click here to view the Position Statement